Intellectual property rights are often a crucial and highly valuable asset for a business. Protecting those rights requires a comprehensive understanding of the law. Greenwald & Hoffman, LLP assists clients with intellectual property matters involving copyright, trademark, and trade secrets. We understand the critical value of these assets and diligently pursue all avenues of protection.
The firm's lawyers counsel clients on a wide variety of intellectual property issues:
- Selection of marks and investigation of the use of similar marks
- Registering trademarks and copyrights in the United States and in other countries
- Providing practical advice on protection of trade secrets
- Structuring parent/subsidiary relationships related to the ownership of intellectual property
- Preparing corporate policies and procedures to minimize exposure to infringement claims
- Advice on the treatment of licenses and the assignment of marks in connection with the sale of a business
Greenwald & Hoffman, LLP also has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting agreements relating to high technology and intellectual property, including:
- Computer software licensing agreements
- Data processing agreements
- Electronic database agreements
- Internet website maintenance agreements
- End-user license agreements
- Source code escrow agreements
- Consulting agreements, noncompetition agreements, employee and contractor confidentiality agreements
- OEM agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Independent sales representative agreements.
We have represented clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In litigation matters, Greenwald & Hoffman, LLP handles the prosecution and defense of a wide range of lawsuits involving intellectual property. We litigate matters involving copyright, trademark and patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, false advertising, unfair competition, and preventing the sale and distribution of counterfeit goods.